THESE THREE QUESTIONS HAVE TO BE ANSWERED IN THE ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
THE BOOK FOR MY CLASS IS
Pollock, J. M. (2017). Ethical dilemmas and decisions in criminal justice (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
1) Identify and describe an ethical framework identified in the textbook (i.e. ethical egoism, ethical formalism, Kantianism, utilitarianism, ethics of care, or virtue ethics).
2) Explain how the selected ethical framework relates to a social issue faced by criminal justice organizations.
3) Explain methods to deter unethical conduct and promote ethical values in relation to the ethical framework and the social issue selected.
There are several key ideas from the course that relate to jury nullification, such as discretion, ethical relativism, and the issues associated with Feinberg’s Legal Moralism to name a few. Ethical frameworks you might want to consider picking from include ethical egoism, utilitarianism (the end justifies the means), or my personal favorite, how the jury may use nullification to demonstrate an ethic of care which would consider the defendant’s background, personal situation, and/or relationship with the victim over the elements of the law.
The annotated bibliography must meet the following requirements:
• Consist of a minimum of (8) scholarly sources (i.e. academic journals, professional publications, etc.). Websites will not be accepted. Submissions that do not consist of a minimum of (8) sources will not be graded and will be assigned an automatic grade of “F”.
• The bibliographic information of the source must be written in APA 6th edition format.
• Annotations for each source must be written in paragraph form and consist of a 100 – 150 word summary. The summary must address the main points/ideas found in the source. The summary must also include a statement that evaluates the quality of the item and relates the item to your research topic.