Choose a life transition of particular interest to you and examine the potential impact on diabetes management and self-care. In your examination include how a diabetes educator can support a person with diabetes during this transition, and the role other health professionals could play in providing additional support.
Instructions for assessment task
- Use the information that you have learned from the readings and your own research.
- Draw on theoretical concepts provided in the unit.
- Familiarise yourself with the online resources provided on Future Learn.
- Should you need further support in developing your assignment or with your writing skills Deakin provides a number of resources which you might find helpful at the following site https://sync.deakin.edu.au/studying.
- Access relevant contemporary literature to support your discussion. References should mainly include refereed journal articles.
- The suggested readings in the unit are a good place to start. References to non-peer reviewed websites and/or Wikipedia are not appropriate for this assessment task.
- Make sure you self-assess your assignment against the marking rubric available before submission. This enables you to make sure all the required areas have been covered.
- Front page: to include student name and number, Assignment title and word count.
- Adhere to word limit requirements (within 10%). The word count does not include
headings, references page, reference citations and direct quotes.
- A reference list should be provided on a separate page headed ‘References’ at the end of the assignment.
- Appendices (if applicable) are attached after the reference list page
- Table of contents: This type of assignment would not usually have a Table of
- Headings are useful to provide the reader cues about the structure of the assignment
Page 1 of 4
When information is presented clearly, using consistent style, it looks professional and is easy to read. Elements of your assignment to include:
- Consistent margins
- Double-line spacing between lines.
- Font: 12-point type size (never use a larger point size for headings or on the title page). Use Times or Times New Roman.
- Page numbers to be provided on all pages except front page. Place page number in top right hand corner
- Paragraph indents: Indent the first line of each paragraph (using the tab key or paragraph tool).
- Exceptions: abstract, block quotations, titles and headings, table titles and notes.
- References list indents: Apply the hanging indent for the second and subsequent lines
of a reference.
- Justification of text: All text needs to be aligned to the left, not justified
Assignment should contain a purposeful introduction that outlines some general background to the topic, an aim and purpose and themes for discussion.
The body of the assignment:
- constitutes about 80% of the word limit
- provides key arguments supported by literature
- organised in paragraphs of approximately 150 words with each paragraph focused
on explanation of one idea
- There should be a logical progression of ideas as demonstrated by logically linked
arguments/discussion made in each paragraph.
- Each paragraph should commence with a topic sentence and end with a link to
the next paragraph, and show a logical progression of ideas/argument. The conclusion:
- A paragraph (usually) provides a summation of ideas
- draws together the discussion
- does not present new material
- does not include references
- offers your position drawn from the discussion.
Page 2 of 4
Writing adheres to conventions of written English:
- correct word choice and professional language
- correct grammar, punctuation and spelling (reread your work, and use spellcheck)
- express your meaning using clear, direct language in the fewest words possible.
Unless really necessary, most assignments do not require the use of direct quotes. Instead, re-expression of author arguments into your own words is required. If a direct quotation is used, you must explain how it adds to the discussion.
Acknowledge sources and adhere to referencing conventions as per APA6 Style. See referencing information here – http://www.deakin.edu.au/referencing
- Do you have a similar assignment/prompt? Let one of our professional writers take care of it. Place an order at Essaypanthers; pay only 50% of the order and send balance upon receiving your completed paper