PART 1 (1000 words)
- Choose an assessment tool or framework that suits the needs of your patient and/or speciality area of clinical practice (see ‘some points to consider’ for framework examples).
- Provide a justification for your choice of health assessment framework. This justification needs to be supported by literature.
- Select a patient (either upon admission or an in-patient for whom you care over a single shift). Identify at what stage of the patient’s admission your health assessment was undertaken in the introduction of your assessment item.
- gain consent and then perform a thorough health assessment.
- Present the patient’s assessment data, include all findings, subjective and objective data logically and clearly. You may present this section under key areas/headings of your framework and then in bullet point form.
- Your assessment data should identify normal ranges for this health area and highlight pertinent findings/observations (use italics to highlight).
- It is expected that you use appropriate literature to support your claims.
PART 2 (1000 words)
- Identify all the patient’s actual and potential problems, within reason.
- Select the most important four problems based on the assessment data gathered in Part 1.
- Justify and explain why these are priorities for the patient, using the data you have collected and evidence-based literature.
- Include a copy of the health assessment framework in your submission (this will not be included in your word count).
Some points to consider:
- DO NOT address interventions for your patient’s management. These aspects are addressed in your other clinical speciality units.
- It is recommended that you choose a patient with a straightforward clinical presentation. Health assessment of patients with multiple co-morbidities and problems would be very difficult to present within the confines of the word limit for Assessment 2.
- Examples of health assessment tools are:
functional health patterns
health assessment documentation currently used in your workplace
Systems-orientated approach, such as the Emergency Care Cycle or head to toe/body systems assessment
- You must include a copy of your health assessment framework in your submission (this will not be included in your word count).
Do you have a similar assignment/prompt? Let one of our professional writers take care of it. Place an order at Essaypanthers; pay only 50% of the order and send balance upon receiving your completed paper