This is an academic essay. You are required to conduct a critical appraisal of a primary research paper. Two papers are provided and you choose one (either quantitative or qualitative).
You should follow the format of an academic essay and use well-structured headings (for example, as you see in a journal article). Headings are signposts and give clarity to writing.
We suggest the critical appraisal has headings for the following areas:
2. The research problem and its significance
3. The research design and the methods.
4. Findings and their relevance to contemporary nursing policy and practice
It is important you refresh your learning about academic essay writing and refer to the marking guide (assessment rubric). This includes information about how to write critically, how to write an introduction and conclusion.
The critical appraisal will be marked on the following areas:
• Grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Sentence, paragraph structure & APA format
• Sequence and organisation of answer
• Closing paragraph(s)/ conclusion
• The research problem and its significance
• The research design and the methods.
• Findings and their relevance to contemporary nursing policy and practice
• Critical analysis.
• Sources and referencing
Read the marking criteria when planning and writing the critical appraisal
There should be evidence of critical analysis of the research not just a gathering of information.
Do you have a similar assignment/prompt? Let one of our professional writers take care of it. Place an order at Essaypanthers; pay only 50% of the order and send balance upon receiving your completed paper