Using this framework, together with the knowledge and skills you are acquiring in health economics unit, prepare an essay that provides an economic analysis of the health system of a country of your choice (Australia). In particular, you may want to include some of the following issues in your discussion:
- Revenue collection mechanisms
- Pooling of funds
- Purchasing arrangements
- Provision (delivery) of health services
- Role of contracting (if any)
- Methods of payment to health professionals and institutions
- Role of the public and private sectors
- ‘Benefit package’ for the population
- Existing policies on health priorities, cost containment, etc.
- Recent health system reform initiatives (is any)
- Challenges facing the health system
- Policy options to address current challenges
- Other issues may be discussed also.
The assignment should be a critical analysis of the health system of the country of your choice rather than just a description. For example, you may like to discuss how the method(s) of financing health care impacts on efficiency, equity and cost control. Or examine how the current purchasing arrangements improve health system performance. Or explore what factors underlie the public-private mix in the health sector and how this impact on access to and the affordability of health care.
Do you have a similar assignment/prompt? Let one of our professional writers take care of it. Place an order at Essaypanthers; pay only 50% of the order and send balance upon receiving your completed paper