Literary Analysis requires close reading of a text in order to make a well-informed, well-supported, nuanced argument about that text.
Objective: Write a literary analysis that explores and traces the recurring or similar themes in The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, QB VII by Leon Uris, and War Against the Weak: Eugenics and America’s Campaign to Create a Master Race, Edwin Black. The literary analysis should make a specific, well-developed argument about the significance of the themes and their impact on the student’s understanding of the text.
To complete this assignment successfully:
1) Develop a specific, narrow thesis statement that makes a strong argument about the literature while acknowledging the nuances and the larger applications of the text
2) Support their arguments with evidence from the texts
3)Analyze their evidence in order to interpret and explain the evidence and it’s significance to their argument
4) Discuss the literature’s broader implications and applications to the study of medicine and human subjects
Tips for success:
1) provide background and context for your argument in the introduction
2) introduce and cite you textual evidence
3) Remember MEAL for paragraph/argument organization (Main Idea, Evidence, Analysis, Lead out–summarization)
3) Conclude by discussing the larger implications/applications to medical research and ethics
4) Use active voice to write clearly and concisely
5) Avoid summary
*Note the 3 references needed are the 3 novels*
Do you have a similar assignment/prompt? Let one of our professional writers take care of it. Place an order at Essaypanthers; pay only 50% of the order and send balance upon receiving your completed paper