The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected DNP competencies acquired through the NR700 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
CO3: Assimilate nursing ways of knowing and the development of nursing science (PO 3).
CO7: Analyze the implementation of selected theoretical perspectives into evidence-based practice (PO 5).
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
Submit your completed application under the Dropbox tab by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 8 as directed.
- The You Decide Reflection is worth 100 points and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Create your essay using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum.
- The length of the reflection is to be within Two to Three pages excluding title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
- You Decide Reflection
Preparing Your Reflection
The DNP Essentials (AACN, 2006) outline a number of scientific underpinnings for practice competencies for the DNP-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NR700 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
- “Integrate nursing science with knowledge from ethics, the biophysical, psychosocial, analytical, and organizational sciences as the basis for the highest level of nursing practice.
- Use science-based theories and concepts to: determine the nature and significance of health and health care delivery phenomena; describe the actions and advanced strategies to enhance, alleviate, and ameliorate health and health care delivery phenomena as appropriate; and evaluate outcomes.
- Develop and evaluate new practice approaches based on nursing theories and theories from other disciplines” (AACN, 2006, p. 9).
- Call one paragraph “DNP as Scholar” and provide two examples of scholarship as demonstrated in personal or practice environment. (As a gynecology nurse practitioner in the practice environment the writer has had the opportunity to teach regarding cervical cancer and breast cancer prevention through breast self-exams).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Do you have a similar assignment/prompt? Let one of our professional writers take care of it. Place an order at Essaypanthers; pay only 50% of the order and send balance upon receiving your completed paper