My PICO question is In immobilized patient who is at risk for developing venous thromboembolism, how does pharmacological prophylaxis (antiplatelet agents) compared to mechanical prophylaxis (intermittent compression devices) affect the development of venous thromboembolism within 1 week of treatment?
Summarize and critique four research articles, which meet the following criteria:
– Original research studies, preferably published from 2012 to the present.
– At least three studies should be quantitative.
– One study may be qualitative (but this is not a requirement).
Content of this section should include:
– Describe the PROBLEM and PURPOSE of each research study.
– Describe the research METHODS, including PROCESS OF SAMPLING, DATA COLLECTION, and DATA ANALYSIS, for each research study.
– Summarize the major FINDINGS and CONCLUSIONS of each research study.
– Critique the STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES of the research methods.
The expectation is that you also cite the textbook, when describing research methods or criteria for evaluating research.
TEXTBOOK we are using is Understanding Nursing Research. Building an Evidence-Based Practice. 6th edition. Susan K. Grove, Jennifer R. Gray, Nancy Burns. Elsevier Saunders. 2015
PLEASE, SCHOLAR ARTICLE ONLY RELATED TO THE PICO QUESTION. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO OPEN AND READ FULL TEXT ARTICLE CITED. PLEASE, INCLUDE PAGE NUMBERS IN TEXT CITATION.
Do you have a similar assignment/prompt? Let one of our professional writers take care of it. Place an order at Essaypanthers; pay only 50% of the order and send balance upon receiving your completed paper