Writing Assignment Guidelines
You are required to select two peer-reviewed articles from a list of acceptable journals article/ topics that deal with content appropriate to science/environmental issues of development.
You must use library resources to obtain the articles, including online resources, and in the process learn what a peer-reviewed journal is. You are NOT allowed to use National Geographic, or many web based materials like Wikipedia.
You then write a synopsis of the articles read, add your own evaluation and comments, and submit the written document (five to seven pages total) for evaluation, including correction for content, grammar and style. Papers will be returned to you on-line in a timely fashion.
all groups (tables) have the same theme but topics will vary depending on the particular ideas you decide to focus on for your paper. A summary of main ideas of a paper demonstrates your comprehension of information and ideas. It usually briefly restates in your own words the content of a passage or a series of facts from a paper. It should focus on the central idea and indicate all the main points in the passage that support the central idea, as well as the relationship between the ideas, including their order and emphasis.
Follow the following steps:
1. Find your paper(s) through library data base (not Wikipedia or any on-line website.
2. Read the assigned paper carefully. First scan it and then reread, but this time divide the passage into sections or stages of thought and label each section. Underline key ideas, terms.
3. Write one-paragraph summaries on a separate sheet of paper, one for each stage of thought before you submit to the Moodle (or on your Google Doc.).
4.For every assigned reading, write a response that both summarizes the main points and analyzes/critiques the main points. practice critical reflection as part of reading response:
-what was strong and weak about the assigned reading and why;
– what was interesting, relevant, and connected to other readings and why;
– what seemed off the topic, irrelevant, or inconsistent with other readings and why;
– what assumptions seemed explicit and/or implicit in the reading and why;
– what opposing viewpoints to the reading seem important and why;
– what are the advantages and/or disadvantages of agreeing with the reading and why?
5. Write the first draft of your writing assignment by combining the topic sentence from step 2 and 3. Eliminate any repetition.
6. Choose a student in your group to do final editing.
7. Revise. Make sure transitional words are provided (you can find these in a grammar and style handbook under “transitions”; they include words like: therefore, however, furthermore, and so on. Avoid series of short, choppy sentences. Check for grammar and punctuation.
8. How long? 4-5 pages, single-spaced
9. For documentation and format use MLA style.
10. Do NOT copy/past from internet or scientific paper directly. This assignment will go through “turn-it-in” check for detecting on-line plagiarism. You can also check the similarity status of your paper on Moodle. The poorly written paper will not be considered for grading.
Based on Syllabus the grade for this writing assignment: 10% of your total grade
List of topics/papers: Choose 2 papers for each topic and put together your writing assignment
1. Effect of Mining Activity on Surface and Groundwater Quality in Togo (west Africa).
2. Arsenic Drinking Water Regulations in Developing Countries with Extensive Exposure: Learning from the past to ensure the future.
3. Arsenic Contamination in Groundwater of Sub-Saharan Africa (example, Ghana and Togo, West Africa)
4. Trends in Nitrate Concentrations and Determination of Its Origin Using Stable Isotopes (18O and 15N) in Groundwater of the Western Central Valley, Costa Rica
5. The Geochemical Characterization of Mine Effluents from the Phosphorite Processing Plant of Kpémé (Southern Togo)
6. Phosphate Mining Activity in Developing or Underdeveloped Nations; Past, Present and Future Sustainability
7. Presence and Distribution of Toxic Trace Elements in Water and Sediments of the Southern Togo Rivers Watershed, West Africa
Do you have a similar assignment; let our professional writers take care of it; place an order at essaypanthers. Pay 50% of the total amount, get your paper done and pay the balance upon verifying the quality of the paper.